Parenting Training & Capacity Building
Delivering inclusive parenting support to Newcastle’s multilingual Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Communities.
Targeted at developing and enhancing parenting skills for BME parents including survivors through training and skills development the Angelou Centre provides bespoke parenting training and support that includes accredited and informal group support, advocacy for high risk families and direct referral support. Our parenting service is the provides the only BME specific parenting training for women in Tyne and Wear, we address and acknowledge the many different cultural influences that affects women’s parenting styles and are informed by child-centric approach.
We offer a wide range of support for female parents and carers of children and young people.
- One to One parenting support
- Parenting Advocacy support with agencies such as solicitors, courts and Children’s Social Care
- Parenting advice for single mothers
- Safeguarding and Safety Training and Advice
- Support for parents/Carers of children and young people with additional and special needs
- Specialist support for survivors of domestic and sexual abuse
We offer the following Parenting Programmes designed to support Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic women.
- Foundation in Parenting Skills
- Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities
We also provide specialist advice and support for professionals and agencies working with Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic women.
We are currently developing a holistic therapeutic parenting recovery model for families who are survivors of domestic and sexual abuse with
For further information please contact:
0191 226 0394
If you are a social worker or an agency who wishes to refer a family into our service or to commission our training and family therapeutic services please contact: Barbara@angelou-centre.org.uk.